FDEA Announce the winners of the first ever FDEA Export Awards sponsored by Drac Global
The Food and Drink Exporting Community came together at the outstanding OXO2 overlooking the Thames on 8 December to celebrate the success of some of the leading exporters of UK food and drink. The award ceremony took place following a morning of insights, networking and expert advice from the FDEA team aimed at inspiring food and drink exporters as they look to the year ahead.
Winners of the biggest accolade of the day, Food and Drink Exporter of the Year, was Nairn’s, the UK’s largest producer of oatcakes, and a major player in Gluten Free.
Nairn’s Gluten Free oats and chocolate chip Biscuit Breaks is Nairn’s best-selling product across the entire product portfolio and is one of our fastest selling lines in its key export markets of the US and Netherlands
Despite the challenges the last couple of years brought to all businesses, Nairn’s have successfully launched in 6 new markets over the last 8 months and all their top 10 markets are experiencing high levels of growth. In the USA Amazon now accounts for 25% of Nairn’s sales where the judges were impressed with their investment and impressive use of social media to gain brand loyalty.
“During these challenging times for all food and drink companies, we are delighted to recognise those that have worked hard to maintain their export sales and have a commitment to winning new international business. Our judges were impressed with the depth and quality of entries this year, testament to the rewards export can bring with the right investment, partners and commitment. . Nairn’s are a great example of this and are deserved winner of FDEA Exporter of the Year Award 2022 ”, Sandra Sullivan, Director, FDEA
8th December 2022
Food & Drink Exporter of the Year – Nairn’s
- Alcoholic Drinks Exporter of the Year – sponsored by ESMA International Network – Penderyn Distillery
- E-commerce Exporter of the Year – Nairn’s
- Foodservice Exporter of the Year – Butterfly Poultry
- Free From Exporter of the Year – Nairn’s
- Grocery Exporter of the Year – The Tracklement Company – sponsored by IFE, International Food & Drink Event
- Private Label Exporter of the Year – Princes Foods
- Professional Export Service Provider of the Year – Amivet
- Soft Drinks Exporter of the Year – sponsored by ESMA International Network – Belvoir Farm Drinks
- Sweets & Snack Exporter of the Year – LoveRaw
- Wholesale Exporter – Export Wholesaler of the Year – Ramsden International
With thanks to our sponsors
Headline sponsor – DRAC Global
Category sponsors – ESMA International Network & IFE, International Food & Drink Event