Value Added Tax (VAT) is due to be introduced in the UAE and wider-GCC on January 1st 2018. VAT will be charged on:
- Supplies of goods and services by a taxable person (a person who is registered or required to be registered for VAT) where the supplies are made within the same GCC member state in the course of carrying on a business.
- The importation of goods from outside of the GCC.
- The exportation of goods or services to outside of the GCC – although these supplies will be zero rated.
- The receipt of good and services cross border within the GCC – by the application of the reverse charge mechanism.
- The receipt of services from outside of the GCC by a VAT registered customer – by the application of the reverse charge mechanism.
More details can be seen on the website of the UAE Ministry of Finance - click here