The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee is a group of MPs responsible for making recommendations to Government on business policy. The Committee are currently investigating how Government can help smaller businesses to export more and would like to hear from you.
The Committee is holding a free half-day workshop (including lunch) on Thursday 21 April in Derby examining these issues more closely and giving you the opportunity to have your say in person.
If you are interested in attending, please complete a short survey on your business and export experiences. Please submit your survey response by 30 March. The survey should take no more than five minutes.
· Improve exporting support for SMEs survey
The Committee has set four key questions:
1. What policies are required to help meet the Government’s headline targets of £1 trillion exports and 100,000 more companies exporting by 2020? In particular, what further support should be provided to help SMEs meet their export potential?
2. Is UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) fit for purpose? Are the indicators used to measure its performance the right ones? How could UKTI be better held to account?
3. What UKTI activities are most effective at increasing exports? What more could it do?
4. What more can other bodies, such as the banks and UK Export Finance, do to provide financial assistance to companies seeking to export?
Your contribution will be essential in giving the Committee an understanding of the issues faced by small businesses. The Committee will invite around 100 survey respondents to attend the workshop.
Deadline: Please submit your survey response by 30 March.