Notices for traders
From 1 October 2021, there will be new requirements to continue importing animal products for both human consumption and non-human consumption from the European Union into Great Britain.
Some of the requirements include: pre-notifying authorities that consignments will be entering Great Britain and uploading a certified Export Health Certificate using the Import of products, animals, food and feed system (IPAFFS).
It is important that businesses take the necessary preparatory steps to ensure they can comply with the new requirements. To assist you with this, DEFRA will be holding webinars for traders with a panel of experts to give you more information and to answer your questions.
For webinar details, including registration links, please refer to the GOV.UK page.
- Importing Products of Animal Origin (9 Aug and 13 Sept)
- Importing Animal by-Products (10 Aug and 14 Sept)
- Importing composite products (11 Aug and 15 Sept)
- Importing groupage loads (12 Aug and 16 Sept)
- How to register for the Import of products, animals, food and feed system (IPAFFS) - four dates in August
- How to raise an importer notification using IPAFFS - 11 dates in August and September